Have you ever considered visiting Brussels, the capital city of Belgium (and Europe)? If so, this post will convince you to visit it sooner rather than later. If not, these photos of Brussels will definitely make you reconsider it!
Other capital cities like Paris, Amsterdam or Rome are often at the top of any traveler’s Europe bucket list. But what about Brussels? Even though it is a far less popular destination, Brussels is certainly nothing short of beautiful!
Here’s why you should visit Brussels, Belgium
If you’re still wondering whether Brussels is worth visiting, these 5 reasons should convince you:
1. Brussels is a great starting point whether you’re planning to travel around Belgium or Europe. You will be able to reach most major Belgian cities in 1 hour or less (Antwerp, Ghent, Bruges, Liège, Namur) as well as several cities of interest in Europe in 2 hours or less:
- Paris: around 1 and a half hours with the Thalys train
- Amsterdam: 2 hours with the Thalys train
- Rotterdam: 1 hour with the Thalys train
- London: 2 hours with the Eurostar train
- Cologne: 2 hours with the Thalys train
Disclosure: this article contains affiliate links. This means that I may receive a small commission for each purchase made through my links at no additional cost to you.
2. Brussels hosts countless cultural events throughout the year!
3. Brussels will 100% appeal to foodie travelers… especially those with a sweet tooth.
4. Brussels is home to one of the most beautiful square in the world: the Grand Place.
5. Brussels is without a doubt an architecture and photography lover’s heaven… Keep scrolling!
Not convinced yet? Then it’s time for you to discover 25 of my favorite pictures of Brussels. Hopefully, they will inspire you to visit it as well as the rest of Belgium!
Ready to discover Brussels in pictures? Let’s go!
The Best Instagram Spots in Brussels for First-Time Visitors
Brussels’ Best Food: 5 Signature Treats You Must Try in Belgium
It looks like you’ve reached this end of this post! If you liked these 25 pictures of Brussels, make sure you join me on Instagram as well @rosesandpostcards
Leave a Reply